Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm Gonna Miss This...






Everyone knows how emotional I can get (i.e., crying through my entire baby shower), but I've been especially teary-eyed while working on the CD for Savannah's  time capsule. 
I've been looking for songs that will speak to Savannah when she'll need it most - in her teenage years. I want her to gain something from hearing songs that I think she'll need at a time when doubt, self-hate and fear is constant.
Every time I listen to a song it makes me realize how fast this year has gone by and how the next 15 years will be gone before I know it.
I ask myself the same questions all the time:

Will we raise her right?
Will we teach her the things she needs to know?
Will we show how to take care of herself in the real world?
Will she understand that life has its ups and downs and every decision she makes can impact her life?

It's so hard to believe Savannah is about to take her first steps... and the baby that I brought into the world almost a year ago will then be a true toddler. 
Savannah is a bright, headstrong, beautiful child who knows what 'no' means, but pushes every limit she can. She makes me smile just by looking my way and my heart melt when she cries every time her Daddy leaves for work.
She's my biggest accomplishment and my life's masterpiece which I'm working on each day.

I'm posting two pictures... one of the first photos Savannah and I took together and a more recent one... I'm gonna miss the baby days, but I'm looking forward to all the days ahead.

No comments: