Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Being a Mommy...




I found this article on CNN.com tonight that discusses the changes that occur once you become a mommy.
 The author talks about all the big plans she had when she went on maternity leave... how she was going to read books and get lots of sleep once her son was born.
Then she quickly realizes that wasn't the case... that once the baby came her life revolved around the baby and she forgets herself.
I'm still learning how to carve a little time out for me in this full-time job of being a mommy and wife... and I admit that some times it's hard to do so. There are times when I have to debate how long I can wait to go to the bathroom or risk waking a sleeping Savannah up when she falls asleep in my lap.
If you're interested in reading the story click on the link below:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/family/04/08/par.mom.brain/index/html

1 comment:

PaleBlackSheep said...

Aww the story is gone...but it is true, your whole life changes when you have a kid...add a couple more to the mix and it gets a little out of hand! But I wouldn't change a minute of it...my lil family is my life!