Monday, April 7, 2008

Going to the Newseum


Pat and I will be spending our second wedding anniversary this weekend touring the Newseum in Washington, D.C. It will be at the end of that city's National Cherry Blossom Festival so I'm hoping to see a lot of beautiful scenery as well.
To anyone who is not in the newspaper business, the Newseum is a "museum" about the media industry.
From the Web site:
 The Newseum - a 250,000-square-foot musuem of news - offers visitors an experience that blends five centuries of news history with up-to-the-second technology and hands-on experience.
The Newseum is located at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue  and Sixth Street, N.W., on America's Main Street between
 the White House and the U.S. Capitol and adjacent to the Smithsonian museums on the National Mall.

The Newseum open Friday and is in the heart of D.C. (from what I understand). Pat toured the old site years ago, but this will be my first trip to D.C. and to the Newseum... and they have enough new stuff to make it interesting for the two of us.
Debbie, my sister-in-law, is keeping Savannah so we can have a "baby-free" few days and we're spending the night in a hotel near the city. I'm looking forward to it so much!
We are newspaper folks at heart and always will be... or as Pat says we're just two nerds spending our anniversary at a museum. 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I just love D.C. There is so much to do and see there that I think I could never see it all even if I got tto go there all the time. I bet y'all will have such a great time, even if you are 2 nerds going to a museum! :) We're in the same vein though. I keep telling Mickey I need to buy myself one of those t-shirts that say I Heart Nerds.

PaleBlackSheep said...

That sounds like so much fun to me! In may Shayla and I are going to the muesum in Atl, the Aquarium, coca cola world and the CNN center..I think I am more excited about it then she is! LOL