Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We made it home...

I just wanted to let all of you know that we made it home to Virginia safely this morning... with only one snafu! 
I was trying to back into the parking lot at the motel yesterday morning and hit a pole the the steps... therefore scratching paint off and putting a small dent into the rental car! I had just avoided another motel guest backing into me and was thinking about that when I heard a hard bump.
I guess it's not a good idea to let a grieving woman drive a car she's not real familiar with.
Thank goodness Pat was so understanding... I've always known my husband was wonderful, but his support for me these last five days has been incredible.
We dealt with the rental place and then made our way to the Amtrak Station and a sleeper car... it was a very nice way to travel and we made it home in about 13 hours (because there was a short delay).
I'm happy to be home, but now I have to get the thank you cards together and out... there are so many people who sent cards and well-wishes... I even had a few cards when I got home.
It means more to me than I can say.

2 comments:

PaleBlackSheep said...

Glad you all made it home safely..take care of yourselves and please try and get some rest..lots of love to you, Savannah and Pat

Megan said...

Glad to hear you've made it back now. Take care