Friday, June 27, 2008

Two weeks...


It's hard to believe it's been two weeks since Daddy passed away. There are some moments when I can't believe he's gone and then there other times when it seems like his funeral was months ago.
I've heard from so many people... those who have lost a parent and those who still have both parents... and they agree that emotions will come and go.
I do believe that my pregnancy is more than just a coincidence... this little baby growing inside me is going to help us move forward. My focus has now shifted from being sad about my Daddy to thinking about making sure this baby gets what he or she needs to come safely into the world... and of course taking care of Pat and Savannah.
I'm sure there will be times during my pregnancy that I feel sad that Daddy won't get a chance to meet this little one, but I know he's watching from a distance... and making sure we're all OK.

No comments: