Monday, June 16, 2008

Thank you so much...


I just wanted to say thank you to all of those who sent words of love and encouragement to me in the last few days... it has helped me cope with losing my Daddy.
I always wondered what it would be like to lose a parent and although you know it's for the best, there is never an easy way to say goodbye. 
Pat has been my rock and his love just continues to amaze me. He got a lot of hugs from strange men and women over the last few days and never batted an eye... and he held my hand and cried with me when I needed him to and just stood beside me when I needed him.
My Daddy was so happy that I found love and happiness... and our Savannah was a light in his life. I know he is now watching after her.
I know there will be days ahead when I cry for Daddy, but I know the hardest part is over... and the healing can begin.
We leave Cordele early tomorrow afternoon heading for Virginia... we'll get on the Amtrak train in Atlanta and be in Charlottesville Wednesday morning... I'll be glad to be home again.

1 comment:

PaleBlackSheep said...

I hope you guys have a safe trip back...hope we see ya'll soon!