Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day...




This certainly wasn't the Father's Day plans I had planned just last week. Pat and Savannah were supposed to head out this morning for a weekend with Savannah's grandparents in Virginia Beach while I stayed behind to attend a concert with my nieces. Plans had changed at the last minute and they were going with me to relax in the pool while I rocked it with the girls.
It seems like that was years ago.
I'm writing this as I sit in a motel room in Cordele and about to leave to pick Pat up from the train station in Atlanta. I can't even begin to tell you how eager I am to have him here with me as I face putting my Daddy into the ground.
I had planned to work this week on a few videos of Savannah to honor her Daddy and Granddaddies for Father's Day, but now I'll just post a few photos. I promise that in the weeks ahead I'll make those videos and load them up.
Father's Day in the years to come will be a day to celebrate the men in my life who have meant something to me... and these three men will always be celebrated that day.

No comments: