Sunday, April 25, 2010

Temporary road cleaning crew...


Have you ever put a bag of trash on top of your car to get it to the trash can?
Well, we live on top of a hill and taking out the trash means walking it down the hill or taking it by vehicle.
When I take the trash out (which I seldom do) I put it in the passenger's seat or in the back of the van. But when Pat takes the trash down he puts it on top of the van (and sometimes loses it in the turnaround or as he's driving down the hill and has to stop and pick it up - HA HA!).
Today, we were going to Target and all of us were in the van. I remember Pat putting the bag of trash on top of the van, but he and I quickly got distracted by Savannah's sippy cup drama (another tale).
So when Pat turned on to the main highway to go to his office, he was surprised to look out his rear view mirror and see our trash bag hit the pavement!
He quickly turned the van around and went back to see our trash was strewn all over the right side of the road. There were smashed diapers and napkins from our breakfast stuck to the highway.
Fast forward 20 minutes and Pat is on the side of the road with a broom and trash bags he bought from Family Dollar. He collected all of the trash he could and made sure the road was clear before we finished our drive into town.
I know some people think that might be crazy, but it relieved our minds of a sheriff's deputy coming up to our door to tell us our trash had caused an accident.
What a crazy day it has been!

5 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

OMG, I can so imagine!!

Hope your day gets better.

Happy Monday!!

Cheeseboy said...

Ha! That is so funny. How cool that you went back. I bet mot people wouldn't do that.

Karen said...

We had a trash can incident yesterday afternoon.

My husband placed our bathroom trash in the van without the kids or I being aware of it.As the four kids were walking (storming) out of the car there along with them went the poopy paper all over the van...Oh yea! Not a pretty site. And, just like you guys we had to do an icky clean-up too :/

Much Luv,
Karen

Amy said...

Ha! Such a funny story! I hate when I forget things on top of the car. I think the more kids you have, the more often it happens. And I am glad to hear you got it all cleaned up. Fear of causing an accident really is a great motivator, isn't it?

Jessica said...

that sounds like something I would do!