Thursday, April 15, 2010

Date Night ... our celebration!



In just a few hours we'll be heading out for a Date Night to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. Our niece, Samantha, is coming to watch the children this evening so we can go to dinner and a movie.
Thoughts of having a few child-free hours has been on my mind for several weeks now as it's unusual for Pat and I to travel without our kids in tow. The last time we had a child-free meal was last month when Mom and Dad watched the children so we could go to lunch.
Tonight we're going to our favorite local restaurant, The Bavarian Chef, and then off (hopefully) to see Date Night, a movie about a couple who try to drum up the ho-hum marriage by having a date night and it goes hilariously wrong!
Although I'm looking forward to a great meal and a funny movie, I'm most excited to be having some one-on-one time with Pat.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm thinking this Date Night movie looks really fun. Did you get the chance to see it? What did you think?

Sharon's New Life said...

Lynn,
Thanks for commenting on my blog... we did get to see it and it was hilarious!
Hubby thought the last five minutes could have been cut off and it would have been better, but I think that's just a man talking!
I'm now following your blog and it looks like I might just have to try some of those recipes.
Sharon:)

A GAL NEEDS... said...

We went to Date Night and I must say, I thought it was hilarious, if not a bit inappropriate! Those two work well together!