Friday, April 16, 2010

The importance of date nights...


Pat and I were sitting at dinner last night when it dawned on me that we just don't get enough time to have some child-free conversation. I'm not talking about a meal where we don't talk about our children, but one where we're not constantly focused on them.
That is why I think date nights are so important... every couple needs time to hear each other share their thoughts and feelings and it's hard to do that when you're keeping children quiet and making sure their needs are met.
Several months ago Pat and I decided we were going to work harder to have more date nights, but his work schedule and our desire to save money has kept us from doing that.
I'm hoping we can once again work harder to have at least once a month when we can take a little time to ourselves and enjoy an evening out.

No comments: