Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I thought this would be a fun exercise to do today as my mind wonders over things I can't change.
1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch? I would have to say it's my lasagna... I know all of the ingredients by heart and can put it together in a snap... although it still takes an hour to cook in the oven.
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.) These days it's usually one of the kids... I can sometimes get away with leaving one of them with Pat when he's at home, but I rarely get to go anywhere alone.
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting? My in-laws house in Virginia Beach
4. Share one factoid of your family's history. My Grandma once employed a black maid who helped take care of my mother and the house where they lived. I just finished reading "The Help" and it's amazing to me that my mother had some of these experiences.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I .... used to live for the chance to write about someone else's life.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be? I would love a year's supply of income so we could take our time and look for a job that we could turn into a career.
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is .... I love way too much reality television. My husband swears I couldn't survive without the Amazing Race and Survivor... and part of me thinks he might be right.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy? I would probably buy something for my children.
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is watching my children. They usually each have moments in the day where they make me laugh... even if they're not trying to.
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal? Make healthier eating choices and get in some exercise.
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else? Call someone up and let them know I love them and am thinking about them.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon? Getting together with the other Moms at book club next week to talk about "The Help." It's a great book!