Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Savannah's check-up... she's healthy!


I wanted to let you know how Savannah's check-up went today. She weighed in at 22.8 lbs. and 30 inches in length - she's in the 75th percentile for her age group for both weight and height.
The doctor said Savannah is right on track and where she needs to be... her heartbeat was good and her eyes and ears checked out fine. The doctor said she doesn't have lazy eye (like her father did) - something her Granddaddy wanted me to check on.
They took blood for Savannah's foot (and she didn't cry), but she certainly didn't enjoy the three shots she received. It was the most pitiful cry I've heard her make... but it didn't last long and we were able to get her dressed and head on to lunch with Daddy.
I know how blessed we are to have such a healthy child... while we were in the waiting room we saw a mommy with her 18-month-old daughter who clearly has Down's Syndrome. Seeing her took me back to the 12-hour period where Pat and I worried Savannah might have Down's Syndrome.
I know how blessed we are to have a healthy baby and I hope we are continued to be blessed by her good health.

P.S. This is a picture Pat captured of Savannah in her daily ritual of taking the DVDs out of the TV cabinet... it is the funniest (yet frustrating) thing.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so glad her checkup went well and that she's so healthy.