Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The battle begins again...


Coming home to Virginia meant the beginning of Round 2 in the battle to get Savannah sleeping in her own bed. Tonight is the first night of the battle and Savannah is in her room crying while I type these words.
My poor baby!
I had a long talk with the doctor at Savannah's first year check-up earlier this month and she told me how much better it would be for our little girl to sleep in her own bed and have a regular schedule. She told me it would probably take a few weeks to get her to go to bed on her own, but she would do it and be a happier child when it was all said and done.
She now goes to sleep late at night and only get 8 to 10 hours of sleep a day... much less than a child her age is supposed to get.
Dr. Mayo told me to allow Savannah 20 minutes to cry in her room before checking on her... and it's so hard to do that, but I'm determined to do it as Pat and I need a bed to ourselves if we're ever going to give Savannah a sibling.
Wish me luck... I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

PaleBlackSheep said...

Ohhh I know it is hard to do this, I remember when we went through it with Shayla is was so hard for me, I just sat by the monitor and cried. Hopefully Savannah will adjust quickly and it won't be so hard. Good luck to all of you!