Friday, May 2, 2008

A new throne...


Have you ever heard the saying "You don't know a good thing until it's gone?"
I experienced that this week after the toilet in the master bathroom broke. We had just come home from D.C. when I flushed the toilet and water shot out of the back of it.
A broken toilet meant longer midnight walks to the bathroom and having to wait for Pat to get through with his long bath before I could use the bathroom.
Thank goodness I wasn't pregnant!
The kind plumbers came this morning and put in the new toilet... a huge relief since we have family coming on Sunday to celebrate Savannah's birthday and might need both bathrooms.
Charlie the Plumber told me the home warranty company labeled our broken toilet a "non-emergency."
We agreed that a broken toilet is always an emergency.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good grief, I'd say that would classify as an emergency to me. Perhaps not a tornado-damage or fire kind of emergency but it certainly is on the list for me! Probably just below that would be broken appliances like dishwashers or dryers to where you had a pile up or dirty dishes or wet laundry.