Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving thanks...


With Thanksgiving just hours away, I wanted to take a few minutes to write down my thoughts about this holiday.
This has been a year of both great joy and sadness for me... happiness because we'll soon be bringing a son into our family, but sorrow because my Daddy died in June and will never really get to know my children. I have laughed and cried... many times during the same day... but as this holiday season begins I feel very fortunate and blessed for the life that I have.
Pat and I are very lucky... we have our beautiful, healthy Savannah and Baby Julius appears to be in good health (if not a little too healthy). We have wonderful family and friends who have been a support and blessing to us.
I look around our little house on the hill and see many things that remind me how fortunate I am... the rocking horse Mr. B made for Savannah, pictures of people who mean the world to me and cards from friends who let us know they were thinking about us.
Pat has to work tomorrow (something I usually did on Thanksgiving during my reporter years), but we'll have turkey dinner before he goes to the office. While we celebrate Thanksgiving in our home, people we love and care about will be celebrating with their family and friends across the country.
I hope each of you have a wonderful holiday and have a chance to think about what you're thankful for this holiday season.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Your friendships are among the things I am thankful for!

Sharon's New Life said...

Megan,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mickey as well.
I hope this holiday brings the two of you everything you could want and more.
Sharon:)