Friday, October 3, 2008

My birthday ....


Wow, I've had a wonderful birthday. 
It wasn't because I got a lot of gifts,  but because so many people reached out today - through email, snail mail and over the phone - to say they were thinking about me.
I've must have done something right in my 36 years of living to have so many people who care about me. One of my friends reminded me that I was a blessing to those who know me and another said I must attract the best people around to have so many blessings (and he's absolutely right!).
I woke up to a half dozen emailed birthday wishes and then Pat and Savannah took me out to lunch and then dessert at Dairy Queen. Their gift to me was a prenatal massage that I plan on enjoying next month when I get a little wider around the middle.
I spent the day answering the phone and text messages from people wishing me a good day. By the end of the day more than two dozen people sent their well wishes.
I got the most beautiful birthday cards from Pat - who has always before today given me funny cards - and from Mom and Dad Fitzgerald... that one made me cry because it talked about my being a blessing to their family.
Savannah woke up from her afternoon nap and gave me a bunch of kisses... nothing new for her to do, but it made my birthday even better.
I'm grateful for all of the family and friends who reached out to me today... you're all a part of the fabric that makes me who I am and I love you all.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm glad you had a nice b-day and know that you are cared for!