Monday, October 27, 2008

Let it go...


Sometimes this is what you must remember when nothing else seems to make sense:

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

I don't pull this out and use as often as I should, but it's the only thing I can tell myself as I worry about what the future holds.
I used to say this to myself when I left home and made my own way in the world... it carried me to college and then from one newspaper job to another. It went along with me to Arkansas where I met and married Pat and now I have it here with me as we raise Savannah and await Julius' arrival in a few months.
We cannot change our pasts, but can only hope the decisions we make today will carry us in to a better tomorrow. I've always tried to make the best decisions for myself and now for our little family and I'm confident there is a wonderful end to our rainbow.

No comments: