Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Making my blog private...


I decided today to make my blog private... to limit those welcomed here to family and friends who mean the most to me.
This has been a year of losses, but it has also been a year of incredible gifts. Losing my Daddy was the hardest things I've had to face, but finding out weeks later that we were having another baby was a blessing that helped ease that pain.
I've learned since his death that although Daddy couldn't read or write, he knew a lot about a person's integrity and what made them tick. I've come to realize he was right about a lot of things that I once thought were just his ramblings.
I walked a hard road to leave my childhood life behind... and after watching my Mama work her fingers to the bones I wanted nothing more than for me and my siblings to have more than that.
Life is about personal decisions... and the time has come for me to make another hard one. It is time to let toxic people, those who literally suck the life out of you, go from my life.
That is why I made this blog private... because I no longer want those people into my life where they can spew their bitter judgments.
This is my favorite poem and I wanted to share it with you... it speaks about several times in my life, including this decision:

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this wish a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

- Robert Frost

No comments: