Monday, June 8, 2009

Secrets to success...

I'm sharing these from the Weight Watchers success story... you can never have enough positives...

Melissa’s tips
  • Learn to love yourself for who you are today
  • Think only positive thoughts about yourself
  • Picture yourself the way you want to look at the end of your journey before going to sleep each night
  • Exercise! Never consider it an option, but rather a requirement. It doesn’t take that much time and the payoff is awesome
  • Don’t look at the big picture, instead make mini goals. I broke my goals down to 10 pounds at a time.
  • Celebrate! You work hard and you deserve it. I make sure I celebrate once a week after weigh in and after every 10 pounds lost. My husband joined my team a long time ago and rewards me with $100 every time I lose 10 pounds. Incentive can be sweeter than chocolate
  • Read Success Stories. Reading about others whose weight-loss goals are similar to what you need to lose can help with motivation.
  • Relax. This is not a race, so don’t put yourself under some crazy time limit of losing 40 pounds in 30 days. It’s just one day at a time




No comments: