Monday, June 8, 2009

No cupcakes for me...


I just wanted to post a blog about my first week of Weight Watchers. I weighed in Saturday morning after stopping by Dunkin' Donuts to get some friends a box of the sweet treats for their yard sale.
I had to be the only person in Weight Watchers history that went to Dunkin Donuts two hours before a weigh-in... and didn't eat a bite.
I weighed in and have lost 6.6 lbs! Woo hoo for me... it's an accomplishment that I'm very proud of. I'm committed to getting this weight off and the more I talk about it the more focused I can be.
We came down to Virginia Beach Saturday night so we could visit with Mom and Dad and I could take Mom up to Erin's baby shower. Baby Koza is due on July 10 so we needed to get some celebrating in before the big arrival.
I spent several days thinking about what I was going to eat at the party... and decided I would either use some of my weekly "extra" points or be good and resist temptation.
Thank goodness Kathy, my sister-in-law, was there as she inspired me to resist tempatation and stay away from the sweets!
I ate veggies and fruit, a few crackers and some dip, but stayed away from the potato and tuna salad, sandwiches and most importantly the cakes and cupcakes.
I'm so glad I was able to take Mom to celebrate Erin's special day (and driving Dad's smooth-riding Mercedes wasn't bad either), but I'm also so thankful to Kathy for being there to inspire me to be good!

No comments: