Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Miss Twinkle Toes...


I'm taking Savannah to her first dance class today. It's actually a class offered through the Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Department and geared towards children ages 2 to 5.
It's called Creative Music/Movement, Mixed Age and promises to provide new songs, rhymes, fingerplays and other traditional materials for Savannah and I to sing and play.
The description of the class also warns parents to come prepared to dance.
I'm up early after Julius got a little cranky in his crib around 5 a.m., so I hope to get everything ready so we can leave the house by 8 a.m. The class is only 45 minutes, but it's in Charlottesville and that drive into the city can take 45 minutes during commuting times.
I'm looking forward to Savannah getting out and meeting some new friends to add to the list of great ones she's got. I also want to let her explore her own love of dancing as it's something she really seems to enjoy.

No comments: