Monday, September 1, 2008

Looking for all Parrotheads...


Tonight is the night I find out what all the excitement is about Jimmy Buffett... one of Pat's favorite musicians. I've liked Buffett for a long time, but it wasn't until I met Pat that I realized what a true fan he is. Pat has been to many concerts (I'm thinking this might be his seventh or eighth) and had every one of his CDs until we sold them on Half.com (but he has them on his iPod now).
Savannah left yesterday to spend the a few days with her Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom... she didn't even cry when she was driving off. I'm sure she's having a great time, but I know how happy I'll be to have her home with me... I guess you never do stop being a Mama... even when your little ones aren't nearby.
But I digress...
I can't wait to see how crazy it gets tonight... Pat told me to expect the unexpected because the party starts in the parking lot hours before the concert. We're not going to get there too early and we certainly won't be partying up like some of the others will be... no margaritas for me!
Here is a song Jimmy Buffett released after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005... I felt it was appropriate since that area is being affected again today. I'm sure we'll hear this song tonight.

1 comment:

PaleBlackSheep said...

I hope ya'll had a wonderful time!