Friday, September 5, 2008

Going to see Jimmy...



I'm sorry it took me so long to get this post up, but this has been a crazy, crazy week!
Pat, Erin and I had a wonderful time at the Jimmy Buffett concert. I wish I had gone around and taken some pictures of the characters that were there... there were people wearing all types of hats and some men who were wearing nothing but a hula skirt and a pair of shorts.
We got to the stadium about two hours early after having a nice dinner at Uno Chicago Grill... the next time we'll bring our dinner (Pat did bring some drinks) for the tailgating because everyone was partying it up and having a good time.
The key to the Buffett concert is the hours of partying in the parking lot that goes on before hand... the gates opened at 2 p.m. and the show started at 8 p.m.... so Parrotheads had six good hours to drink and be merry.
And they were partying hard!
I thought we had good seats, but Pat said we would have had better seats had we sat in the lawn section (which was a LOT cheaper). I'm not sure my back would have enjoyed that, but I'm thinking that is probably the way we'll go the next time.
Jimmy came on shortly after 8 p.m. and played for more than two hours... he played a lot of my favorite songs (and Pat knew most of the playlist order since he's been so many times). They didn't play one of the songs I  was hoping for, but you can't have it all.
Here are two pictures I took... I should get Erin to email me one from inside the Nissan Pavilion because I couldn't take my camera inside... Erin had her iPhone.
The first photo was taken before we left... you can see how excited Pat was. I always accuse him of having a "fake smile", but this time it's me who doesn't appear to be happy... I was happy so I guess I can't give him crap anymore about that.
The second one is of the three of us just before we went inside for the concert.

No comments: