Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Preschool for Savannah...


Savannah and I toured a preschool this morning in the hopes of finding a place she can attend in the fall. The school is in Charlottesville and will mean early mornings, but I think it's so very worth it.
The school we visited is a co-op where parents spend at least two days a month volunteering during the school day (which are half days). Classes are from 8:40 to 11:40 each morning and you can choose between the three, four or five-day programs.
Today, the children learned about Germany and it was nice because one of the parents is a native German and he came to talk about the country and items you find there... we learned that pretzels, pumpernickel and Werther's Original candies are native of Germany.
Savannah and I both liked the school (in fact, she was up half the night all excited about going to school - she even wanted to ride the bus!).
Although I know other parents who put their children into a preschool this year, I wanted to give Savannah time to spend with Julius before we sent her off to school
I talked with Pat and we're going to apply for the preschool and see if Savannah gets selected to attend... the classes take 24 students per day so there aren't a lot of spots available.
I'll let you know what happens...

No comments: