Thursday, March 26, 2009

Under the weather...


The kiddies and I have been a little under the weather these last few days... well, I should say we've really been under the weather.
It started on Monday when we went to a dinner with some of the other mommies and kiddies. One of the children was sick and his mommy decided to bring him anyway... she said he was just teething so none of us thought anything about it.
But the next day Savannah woke up with a fever, red cheeks and a runny nose... typical teething symptoms.
I didn't think much more about it until Wednesday when I woke up feeling puny... and ended up with a sore throat and a fever that went up as high as 102.8.
By this time Julius also had a stuffy nose and getting him to nurse was difficult... because nursing moms have to feed their babes even when they are sick.
Savannah was feeling a little better by Wednesday, but she still had a stuffy nose.
I finally got my fever to break Thursday evening and called the pediatrician's office about Julius... they told me there was nothing to worry about unless he got a fever or the congestion moved into his chest.
Savannah seems to be back to her normal happy self... although her runny nose is driving me crazy!
We've got big plans for the weekend (going up to visit Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom on Saturday) and going to see Grammy and Papa next week so we all have to get back to normal!

No comments: