Monday, January 12, 2009

One big baby...



We found out today that Julius is well on his way to be a double-digit baby!
According to the ultrasound calculations, he already weighs 6 lbs., 1 ounce... which is the normal size of a baby in it's 36.5 week of gestation... we're just in our 33rd week. Babies at 33 weeks usually weigh 4 lbs. so he's already 50 percent more than he's supposed to be.
The ultrasound also showed he has a full set of hair and big cheeks... both traits his sister had at delivery! I cried when I saw his little face on the ultrasound screen because I think he's going to look a lot like Savannah did on the day she was born.
The doctors said we'll continue on the plan to have him on Feb. 24 unless I go into labor early or start having a lot of pain. Right now I'm just feeling the regular aches and pains that come along with carrying a baby... but I'm sure it's going ot get worse as the weeks go by.
Here are two of the pictures of Julius... the first one is a side profile of his face and if you look closely you can see his big cheek and his nose. The second photo is proof that Julius is a boy... his little "pole" is sticking up for everyone to see.

No comments: