Thursday, January 28, 2010

Date Night Thursday...


Pat and I are hoping to get a date night tonight as my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Kathy and Tom (along with our niece Shannon), have agreed to watch both of the kiddies while we sneak away for a dinner by ourselves!
We're taking Savannah up for the weekend tomorrow afternoon and Pat has the day off so we thought we would try to squeeze in a little one-on-one time.
I was listening to a group of therapists on Dr. Phil last week talk about couples needing a date night at least once a month so they can reconnect with each other. Pat and I don't get nearly enough time with each other and it's nice to just think about having some free time to sit across the dinner table without a child throwing food on the floor or screaming for your drink!
We're not certain of our dinner destination, but we have gotten Kathy to generously agree to watch both kids for a few hours.
I've already got a few other people lined up for date night babysitting and plan to ask some of the mommies in my group if they can recommend an affordable babysitter who could watch the kids some so we can have some time to ourselves.

No comments: