Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Two months already...

">
It's so hard to believe that this time two months ago Savannah and I were en route to Georgia... trying to get to Daddy's bedside. I had called the hospital that morning and he didn't feel up to speaking with me... I knew that wasn't a good sign and woke Pat up to tell him that I needed to get home.
I knew Daddy didn't have much time, but I certainly didn't expect him to die before I got there to say my goodbyes. But then I had said my goodbyes to Daddy... every day that week when I talked to him on the phone. I told him that I loved him and I knew he loved me... those were things we always said to each other... even when he was mad at me (and that could be quite often).
This is a song that has always made me cry... Daddy wasn't the traditional provider for our family, but he took care of us while my Mama worked long, hard hours. 
He was, and always will be, a gentle giant to me.

No comments: