Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Taking care of my babies...






I survived my first night alone with two children... but it was more than interesting!
Since Julius arrived a week early, we adjusted our plans to allow Pat to take a week off, work a week and then take another week off so I would have someone with me from the time Julius was born until my Mama arrived on March 9.
Our niece, Erin, was supposed to spend this week with us to give me an extra pair of hands around the house.
But Erin got sick over the weekend and wasn't able to join us this week... and although we would love to have her here, it's better that she stay at home and rest and not pass her cold along to me or the children.
Anyway, I digress.
Taking care of the two kids went smoothly most of the night... I watched a lot of Wiggles, put Julius in his vibrating chair so I could have two hands for spending some time with Savannah and worked a little on cleaning up the house.
Savannah and I had chicken fingers and baked fries before I put her in the tub and gave Julius his first sponge bath... quite a chore because there is only so much you can do with one pair of hands!
I'm sure it will get easier.
The kicker came when I put Savannah to bed last night... we've been able to get her in bed between 8 and 9 each night and I tried to put her to bed shortly after 8. She was crying and I was waiting it out when the phone rang.
It was Pat telling me that he was on his way to Heather's house to put up a few things and help take her trash can to the corner.
Then I heard Savannah scream louder than she normally does... and jumped up as she ran down the hallway and into the living room.
She had successfully climbed out of her crib!
Luckily for us, Savannah didn't hurt herself and seems to have freaked herself out more than anything. We put the toddler siding on the crib, but realized we had one lower space on the bed and will try to put her back in the crib.
I wanted to post a few pictures from our first day "home alone"... I hope things aren't as crazy tonight.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like you are having an adventure!