Thursday, February 19, 2009

Julius Patrick Fitzgerald




Our little man, Julius, arrived into the world yesterday via C-section at Martha Jefferson Hospital in Charlottesville. He weighed in at 10 lbs., 13 ounces and is 21 inches long.
I might sound a little biased, but he is one of the two sweetest babies I've ever seen at this age... the other is our beautiful Savannah. Although they looked a lot alike at birth, Julius doesn't have the big cheeks that his sister came into the world with.
He has his father's mouth and feet that either came from the Fitzgerald or the Crawford sides of the family... they certainly aren't like his Daddy or Savannah's feet.
I'm looking at him right now as he sleeps in his little bassinet here at the hospital... content with the world.
Savannah has taken a liking to him, but the true test won't be until we get home and have all four of us together under the same roof. I expect there will be plenty of highs and lows when that happens on Saturday.
I'm recovering from my C-section and feeling good... but that could be the pain medication they gave me about 30 minutes ago doing all of the talking.
Here are a few pictures from Julius' first day in the world...