Friday, December 12, 2008

More blood work needed...


I went to check in on Julius today and found out that my glucose test results from last week came back a little high. That means that on Monday, I'll have to have the three-hour glucose check.
All I can say is yuck, yuck, yuck.
This test will force me to have my blood taken four times in three hours... after fasting for at least seven hours. The nurse will take my blood when I arrive, make me drink a nasty orange drink and then take my blood every hour for the next three hours.
I would rather take a poke in the eye than have this test, but I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes.
The good thing (if there is a good thing here) is that I had to take a second test when I was pregnant with Savannah and the results came back negative for gestational diabetes... so my doctor thinks there is a good chance that I don't have gestational diabetes, but it takes my body a little longer to process sugar than other people.
It also looks like Julius will be born during the week of February 23... unless they have to take him earlier for medical reasons. The hospital regulations for planned C-sections are a week before our due date... which is March 2.
Dr. Wills told me to plan on being in the hospital three to four days... twice as long as I was in the hospital with Savannah. This is also hospital policy and not because there is anything wrong or special.
On a positive note, Julius' heartbeat was good and strong... it's steady at 150 beats per minute/

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sorry to hear you have to take the longer blood tests. Hope everything turns out OK though.