Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Butterflies...





Pat and I have been enjoying all of the butterflies in the yard these last few weeks and we tried to capture some of them for posterity's sake.
As the weeks go by and summer is fading into black, it's nice to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Here is one of my favorite Robert Frost poems talking about the end of summer and the beginning of fall... I'm already seeing the leaves on some trees have started to change and the temps are cooling down after the sun sets...


Nothing Gold Can Stay

by Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love it when I see Frost being quoted! Great pics! Come on Fall!

Jana said...

I like your pics ^^
Butterflies are one of my favourite animals ^^