Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend...


We came home last night after a nice weekend with Mom and Dad in Virginia Beach. For the first time in a long time, I took the camera but didn't take any photographs.
Pat told me that sometimes it's nice to just relax and not worry so much about documenting and I guess he's right. Good food and conversation made for a nice weekend away from home.
On a much scarier note, I also found out that my younger sister, Lynn, was robbed at work over the weekend. Luckily, she and her co-worker are OK and were not hurt.
In the small town she lives in there have been several robberies and shootings lately and I'm sure she's worried that it would happen to her store.
Over the years, our Mama worked at convenience stores and was robbed by gunpoint several times. It was always scary and every time I covered a robbery I thought of what she must have gone through.
I doubt anyone would really understand how scary it would be unless they have been through it.
I'm just grateful Lynn is OK and hope the mental recovery is quick also.

No comments: